Setting up New Relic on a managed VPS or Flex Dedicated Server
New Relic Infrastructure is a third-party product that monitors server performance in real-time. For example, some of the things you can monitor include:
- Your server's CPU and memory usage.
- Your server's network usage.
- Your server's disk usage.
- Specific user-defined events.
For detailed information about all of New Relic Infrastructure's features and capabilities, please visit https://newrelic.com/products/infrastructure/features.
- The information in this article only applies to the products listed in the Article Details sidebar. You cannot use New Relic on shared or reseller hosting accounts.
- New Relic Infrastructure requires a paid license.
Setting up New Relic Infrastructure
To set up and use New Relic Infrastructure on your server, follow these steps:
- Sign up for a New Relic account at https://newrelic.com and obtain a license key.
- Open a support ticket on the A2 Hosting Customer Portal at https://my.a2hosting.com. In the ticket, please provide your license key. We must have this information to complete the installation process on your server.
Do not try to install the New Relic agent yourself. The agent installation process requires root access, and must be done by A2 Hosting support.
- After A2 Hosting support completes the installation process, you can use the New Relic Infrastructure dashboard to monitor your server.
To view the official New Relic documentation, please visit https://docs.newrelic.com.