Performance Plus traffic spike protection upgrade
If you have a Turbo Boost or Turbo Max Web Hosting account, you can increase the amount of resources available for your site. This helps maintain your site’s performance during traffic spikes or periods of high activity.
What the Performance Plus upgrade includes
The Performance Plus upgrade increases various resources that enable your site to maintain performance levels, even during traffic spikes.
|Turbo Boost Performance Plus
|Turbo Max Performance Plus
Here are the specifics of the various resource upgrades included in the Performance Plus Upgrade option:
- CPU speed: This is the CPU speed limit, relative to a single core (100%). So 200%, for example, is 2x CPU cores.
- Memory: The physical memory limit specifices how much memory your account can use. Web applications are increasingly memory-hungry, so it is important to have plenty of memory available for running processes.
- I/O speed: The disc I/O (input / output) speed specifies how quickly a website or scripts can perform input and output operations per second on the hosting server. A faster I/O speed allows for more read/write data on the disk, executing large database queries, and preventing website “freezes.”
- IOPS speed: The speed at which a hard drive reads and writes data is measured in inputs and outputs per second (IOPS). The more IOPS you have, the faster your website.
- EP Limit: The entry process (EP) limit is the number of PHP scripts that can run at the same time. Cron jobs, shell scripts, and other commands also use a single-entry process for the duration of their execution. A higher entry process limit enables you to run more PHP scripts for database queries, making sites run faster, especially ecommerce sites. It also keeps your site from being suspended in the event of a sudden traffic spike. A higher EP limit is critical if you want to to host multiple active websites (such as WordPress multisite) on a single host.
- NProc: The number of processes (NProc) limit is the number of concurrent processes— such as SSH connections, PHP, IMAP, and other processes—allowed to run on the server at the same time. With a higher NProc limit, your site can handle more concurrent users connected to the server at the same time, avoiding HTTP 500 and 503 errors that can appear when a site approaches the process limit.
Ordering the Performance Plus upgrade
To order the Performance Plus upgrade for your hosting account, please open a billing ticket on the A2 Hosting Customer Portal at https://my.a2hosting.com. In the ticket, please specify that you would like to add the Performance Plus upgrade to your account.