Nuestra base de conocimientos sólo está disponible actualmente en inglés. Estamos en el proceso de traducir estas páginas y las publicaremos cuando estén disponibles.
How to install Elxis
This article describes how to install the Elxis CMS (content management system) on your A2 Hosting account. Elxis includes support for several different languages.
Elxis is compatible with all A2 Hosting accounts. However, you must install it manually.
Although A2 Hosting servers are compatible with a wide variety of software applications, we cannot provide troubleshooting assistance for application-specific issues.
To install Elxis:
- Download the Elxis application file at http://www.elxis.org to your local computer.
- Extract the .zip file on your computer.
- Use FTP to upload the contents of the extracted .zip file to the public_html directory of your A2 Hosting account.
For information about how to access your account using FTP, please see this article
- Use cPanel to create a MySQL database and database user for Elxis. You will need this information during the web configuration process.
For information about how to create a MySQL database and user, please see this article
- Use your web browser to go to the Elxis installation URL, which is your domain name (for example, http://www.example.com). The Elxis installation page appears.
- Review the license, select the check box, and then click Settings page appears.
- Under General, in the Site name text box, type a name for your site.
- In the Site URL text box, confirm that the URL is correct for your site.
- To enable human-readable URLs, under Friendly URLs, click Yes.
- Under Database, confirm that the Type list box is set to MySQL.
- Confirm that the Host text box is set to localhost.
- In the Name text box, type the name of the database you created in step 4.
Remember that the database name begins with your username. For example, if you create a database named elxis, the full database name is username_elxis, where username represents your account username.
- In the Username text box, type the name of the database user that you created in step 4.
Remember that the database username begins with your username. For example, if you create a database user named elxis, the full database username is username_elxis, where username represents your account username.
- In the Password text box, type the password for the database user that you created in step 4.
- Click Check database settings. If you do not receive the message The database settings are correct, check the values you specified in steps 13 to 15, and then try again.
. Elxis imports data into the database.
- Under Administrator account, in the First name and Last name text boxes, type the display name for the administrator.
- In the E-mail text box, type the administrator's e-mail address.
- In the Username text box, type a username for the administrator.
- In the Password and Confirm password text boxes, type a password for the administrator.
. Elxis completes the installation.
- Click Visit your new web site. You can log in as the administrator using the username and password that you specified in steps 20 and 21.
For more information about Elxis, please visit http://www.elxis.org.