How to install Frog CMS
This article describes how to install Frog CMS manually.
Installing Frog CMS
Frog CMS is compatible with all A2 Hosting accounts. However, you must install it manually.
Although A2 Hosting servers are compatible with a wide variety of software applications, we cannot provide troubleshooting assistance for application-specific issues.
To install Frog CMS, follow these steps:
- Download the Frog CMS application at http://www.madebyfrog.com/download.html .
- Extract the files on your computer.
Depending on your computer's operating system, you may need to install a program that is able to extract the application files. For more information, please see this article
- Use FTP to upload the extracted folder to the public_html directory of your A2 Hosting account.
For information about how to access your account using FTP, please see this article
- Use cPanel to create a MySQL database and database user for the application. You will need this information during the web configuration process.
For information about how to create a MySQL database and user, please see this article
- Use your web browser to go to the application URL. The application URL is your domain name followed by the name of the folder that you uploaded (for example, http://www.example.com/frog). The installation page appears.
- Confirm that the Database driver list box is set to MySQL.
- Confirm that the Database server text box is set to localhost, and the Port text box is set to 3306.
- In the Database user text box, type the name of the database user that you created in step 4.
- In the Database password text box, type the password for the database user that you created in step 4.
- In the Database name text box, type the name of the database that you created in step 4.
- To change the administrator username from the default value, type the username in the Administrator username text box.
- Click . When the installation process is complete, configuration information appears, as well as the following post-installation instructions:
- You can now log in to the Frog CMS administration page.
For more information about Frog CMS, please visit http://www.madebyfrog.com.