How to install Ubercart
This article describes how to manually install the Ubercart e-commerce application.
Ubercart is a Drupal module. You must install Drupal on your site before you can install Ubercart. For information about how to install Drupal, please see this article
Ubercart is compatible with all A2 Hosting accounts. However, you must install it manually.
Although A2 Hosting servers are compatible with a wide variety of software applications, we cannot provide troubleshooting assistance for application-specific issues.
To install Ubercart:
- Use your web browser to visit http://drupal.org/project/ubercart, and then scroll down to the Downloads section.
- Under Recommended releases, download the zip file for your Drupal version.
The following steps describe how to install the Ubercart module on Drupal 7. The exact steps for Drupal 6 differ slightly, but are similar.
- Log in to your Drupal site as the administrator.
- On the top menu bar, click Modules.
- Click Install new module. Drupal installs the Ubercart module.
, select the zip file on your local computer, and then click
- After installation is complete, click Enable newly added modules.
- Scroll down to the UBERCART - CORE section.
- To enable the required components, select the check boxes.
If you cannot select a check box, this means the module depends on another module that is either missing or disabled. For example, Ubercart requires the CTools, Entity, Rules, and Views modules as well.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 for any additional Ubercart modules you want to enable in the following sections:
- UBERCART - CORE (OPTIONAL)
- UBERCART - EXTRA
- UBERCART - FULFILLMENT
- UBERCART - PAYMENT
- Click Save configuration. After Drupal enables the modules, the Store link appears in the top menu bar.
- Click Store to customize Ubercart for your site.
For more information about Ubercart, please visit http://www.ubercart.org.