How To Change Comment Notification Settings In WordPress
This article describes how to change the WordPress e-mail notification settings for comments and comment moderation.
By default, WordPress sends you an e-mail message whenever either of the following events occurs:
- Someone posts a comment.
- A comment awaits moderation.
These notifications can be helpful, but if your WordPress site receives a lot of comments, they can also be annoying and fill up your inbox.
To change the comment notification settings in WordPress, follow these steps:
- Log in to WordPress as the administrator.
- In the left pane of the dashboard, click Settings, and then click Discussion.
- In the E-mail me whenever section:
- To receive an e-mail message every time someone posts a comment, select the Anyone posts a comment check box. To disable this feature, clear the check box.
- To receive an e-mail message every time a comment awaits moderation, select the A comment is held for moderation check box. To disable this feature, clear the check box.