How To Import WordPress Site With Softaculous
This article describes how to import a WordPress installation from another server using the Softaculous tool in cPanel.
This application is only available in Softaculous Premium. If you need further assistance, please open a ticket at http://my.a2hosting.com
To import a WordPress installation using Softaculous, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
If you do not know how to log in to your cPanel account, please see this article
- In the Softaculous Apps Installer section of the cPanel home screen, click WordPress. The Softaculous WordPress installer page appears.
- Click the Import tab. The Import Software - WordPress page appears.
- Click the From Remote Server tab.
- In the Source section, complete the details for the server from which you want to import a WordPress installation:
- In the Domain Name text box, type the domain name for the source WordPress installation.
Do not type the http:// or https:// prefix. Type only the domain name (for example, example.com).
- In the Server Host (Optional) text box, type the server hostname if it is different from the domain name.
- In the Protocol list box, select the protocol to use for the import, or accept the default value.
This example describes using SFTP. For best results use SFTP.
- In the Port text box, type the port to use for connecting to the domain, or accept the default value.
- In the SFTP Username text box, type the username that you use to connect to the server.
- In the SFTP Password text box, type the password for the SFTP user that you specified in the previous step. If an SSH Key is used instead of a password, skip to the next step and choose SSH Key.
- For Authentication Method choose either Password or SSH Key. If SSH Key is chosen enter the private SSH key in the Private key textbox and enter the passphrase (if used) in the Passphrase textbox.
- In the SFTP Path text box, type the document root path relative to the account's home directory.
- The document root path is frequently /public_html, /www, or /htdocs.
- If the WordPress installation is on an addon domain or a subdomain, type the path to the document root for the addon domain or subdomain.
In the Installation Directory (Optional) text box, type the directory name for the source WordPress installation.
If the WordPress installation is in the same path that is defined in the SFTP Path text box, leave this option empty.
In the Destination section, specify where WordPress will be installed on the new server:
- In the Choose Protocol list box, select the protocol.
If you have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select https:// or https://www. If you do not have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select http:// or http://www.
- In the Choose Domain list box, select the domain for installation, or accept the default value.
- In the In Directory text box, type the directory where you want to install the application, or accept the default value.
If you want your domain name to go directly to the application, make sure the In Directory text box is blank.
- In the Advanced Options section, in the Database Name text box, type the name of the database to create for the application, or accept the default value.
- Click this article.
. When the import process completes, you can manage the imported Wordpress installation in Softaculous as described in