Nuestra base de conocimientos sólo está disponible actualmente en inglés. Estamos en el proceso de traducir estas páginas y las publicaremos cuando estén disponibles.
How to install Open Blog using Softaculous
This article describes how to install Open Blog using the Softaculous installer in cPanel. Open Blog is a blogging platform based on the CodeIgniter PHP framework.
Installing Open Blog
You can have an Open Blog site up and running in minutes by using the Softaculous application installer in cPanel.
To install Open Blog using Softaculous, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
If you do not know how to log in to your cPanel account, please see this article
- In the SOFTACULOUS APPS INSTALLER section of the cPanel home screen, click any of the options under Categories. The Softaculous installer page appears.
It does not matter which option you click under Categories. All of them start the Softaculous installer.
- In the Search text box, type open blog and then press ENTER.
Alternatively, you can use the navigation pane on the left side. To do this, click Blogs, and then click Open Blog.
- Click Install. The installation page appears.
- In the Choose Protocol list box, select the protocol.
If you have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select https:// or https://www. If you do not have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select http:// or http://www.
- In the Choose Domain list box, select the domain for installation, or accept the default value.
- In the In Directory text box, type the directory where you want to install the application, or accept the default value.
If you want your domain name to go directly to the application, make sure the In Directory text box is blank.
- In the Database Name text box, type the name of the database to create for the application, or accept the default value.
- In the Site Name text box, type the site name. By default, the site name appears in the title bar of users' web browsers when they visit your site.
- In the Site Description text box, type the site description.
- In the Table Prefix text box, type the database table prefix, or accept the default value.
- In the Admin Username text box, type the administrator username.
- In the Admin Password text box, type the administrator password.
Make sure that you choose a strong password! The Softaculous installer provides a ranking for your password's strength, and turns green when the password is strong. Alternatively, you can click the
icon next to the Admin Password
text box, and Softaculous generates a strong, random password for you.
- In the Real Name text box, type the display name for the administrator.
- In the Admin Email text box, type the site administrator e-mail address.
- Click the icon to expand Advanced Options.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available, select the Disable Update Notifications check box.
A2 Hosting strongly recommends that you receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available. Keeping your site updated helps prevent unauthorized access attempts and data loss.
- To receive site configuration information after the installation is complete, type an e-mail address in the Email installation details to text box.
- Review the installation options and settings, and then click
. When installation is complete, Softaculous provides information about the application's configuration.
For more information about Open Blog, please visit http://open-blog.org.
- Managing your applications
After you install an application using Softaculous, you can back up and restore it, do updates, and more. This article shows you how to manage your installed applications in Softaculous.