How to install SuiteCRM using Softaculous
This article describes how to install SuiteCRM using the Softaculous installer in cPanel.
This application is only available in Softaculous Premium. If you are using Softaculous on a managed VPS, you must upgrade to Softaculous Premium to install this application. If you need further assistance, please open a ticket at http://my.a2hosting.com
You can have SuiteCRM up and running on your web site in minutes by using the Softaculous application installer in cPanel.
To install SuiteCRM using Softaculous, follow these steps:
- Log in to cPanel.
If you do not know how to log in to your cPanel account, please see this article
- In the SOFTACULOUS APPS INSTALLER section of the cPanel home screen, click any of the options under Categories. The Softaculous installer page appears.
It does not matter which option you click under Categories. All of them start the Softaculous installer.
- In the Search text box, type suitecrm and then press Enter.
Alternatively, you can use the navigation pane on the left side. To do this, click ERP, and then click SuiteCRM.
- Click Install. The installation page appears.
- In the Choose Protocol list box, select the protocol.
If you have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select https:// or https://www. If you do not have an SSL certificate installed on your site, select http:// or http://www.
- In the Choose Domain list box, select the domain for installation, or accept the default value.
- In the In Directory text box, type the directory where you want to install the application, or accept the default value.
If you want your domain name to go directly to the application, make sure the In Directory text box is blank.
- In the Site Name text box, type the site name.
- In the Admin Username text box, type the administrator username.
- In the Admin Password text box, type the administrator password.
Make sure that you choose a strong password! The Softaculous installer provides a ranking for your password's strength, and turns green when the password is strong. Alternatively, you can click the
icon next to the Admin Password
text box, and Softaculous generates a strong, random password for you.
- In the First Name text box, type the administrator's first name, or accept the default value.
- In the Last Name text box, type the administrator's last name, or accept the default value.
- In the Admin Email text box, type the site administrator e-mail address.
- Click the icon to expand Advanced Options.
- In the Database Name text box, type the name of the database to create for the application, or accept the default value.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available, select the Disable Update Notifications check box.
A2 Hosting strongly recommends that you receive e-mail notifications when application updates are available. Keeping your site updated helps prevent unauthorized access attempts and data loss.
- In the Backup Location list box, you can select a location to store application backups.
- In the Automated backups list box, you can select whether or not Softaculous makes periodic backups of your application.
- In the Backup Rotation list box, you can select how often Softaculous overwrites the oldest backup file with a new backup file.
- To receive site configuration information after the installation is complete, type an e-mail address in the Email installation details to text box.
- Review the installation options and settings, and then click
. When installation is complete, Softaculous provides information about the application's configuration.
After you install SuiteCRM in Softaculous, you must complete some additional configuration steps. To do this, follow these steps:
- Use your web browser to go to the SuiteCRM URL on your account. The login page appears.
- To log in, use the administrator username and password that you provided in the previous procedure.
- On the Welcome to SuiteCRM page, click .
- On the Branding page, complete the fields, and then click .
- On the System Locale Settings page, complete the fields, and then click .
- On the SMTP Server Specification page, complete the fields with your e-mail server settings. The following steps show how to do this if you host your domain's e-mail on an A2 Hosting server:
- Under Choose your Email provider, click .
- In the SMTP Server text box, type your server name.
For information about how to determine your account's server name, please see this article
- In the SMTP Port text box, type 465.
- Select the Use SMTP Authentication? check box.
- In the Enable SMTP over SSL or TLS? list box, select SSL.
- In the SMTP Username text box, type an e-mail address configured for your account.
- In the SMTP Password text box, type the password for the e-mail address.
- To allow other SuiteCRM users to use the account for sending messages, select the Allow users to use this account for outgoing email check box.
, type an e-mail address that can receive the test message, and then click .
If you receive the test message, go to step 7. If you do not receive the test message, check the e-mail settings you provided, and then try again.
- Click .
- On the Your Information page, complete the fields, and then click .
- On the Your Locale page, complete the fields, and then click .
. The SuiteCRM dashboard appears.
For more information about SuiteCRM, please visit https://suitecrm.com.
- Managing your applications
After you install an application using Softaculous, you can back up and restore it, do updates, and more. This article shows you how to manage your installed applications in Softaculous.